Friday, June 06, 2008

The happiest day of Tyke's life!
After a long awaited 2 years of living among the squirrels of MI, Tyke has finally won the battle and attacked and killed his very first squirrel. On Wednesday, he came to me wanting to go in the back yard. I opened the door for him, and by the time I could look out the window in the office, he was chasing a squirrel down the fence like crazy. Somehow the poor little rodent lost his footing and fell to his death. Tyke snatched him up and shook him like mad. I watched the whole thing in terror from the window, screaming & shaking Austin. When we were sure the squirrel was dead, we went out to assess the damage and congratulate Tyke on his first real MI kill. He was so proud of himself, and I have to admit, I was proud of him, too. Those dang squirrels have been teasing him for far too long!



No comments: